moderated Re: I’m grasping at straws, but has anyone had memory problems with jaws?

Richard Turner

In reading about Wave Max on the web, it seems to be the bane of many Del computer users.

It is supposed to enhance audio for home theater/gaming, but there have been a lot of complaints about it and most people don’t miss it when they turn it off.

I have had one odd audio issue and will be curious to see if that goes away since I turned it off and rebooted a few moments ago.

I checked, and it stayed turned off; so we shall see.

I’ve not noticed the memory issue, but I have had programs close suddenly, which may have been caused by that.

Richard

"The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it."

- John Ruskin, 1819-1900

Web site: www.turner42.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of James Homuth
Sent: Friday, May 28, 2021 10:32 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: I’m grasping at straws, but has anyone had memory problems with jaws?

I had the same problem with an XPS 8940. It’s not JAWS. Go into your startup apps, and disable WaveMax audio. Restart your computer. $20 says you don’t have memory problems anymore.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Phillip Gross
Sent: May 28, 2021 6:50 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: I’m grasping at straws, but has anyone had memory problems with jaws?

Okay I have been running the latest version of JAWS 2021 since this started in February, so I am on my third update.  I have a new Dell XPS that keeps running out of memory. The amount of ram, 32 GB, definitely isn’t the problem. I’ve chased memory leaks down in all of the normal ways, and I can’t find anything. I have reinstalled windows twice at this point.

Has anyone seen issues of a memory leak with JAWS? As I said in the subject line I’m grasping at straws, and I doubt it’s the problem, but I figured it didn’t hurt to ask.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.