moderated Re: Opening PDFs in Word

Panagiotis Antonopoulos

Hi Brian/all,

The big issue with pefs which make it seductive to have them converted to word, is at least for me, the fact that in many cases but unfortunately not all, footnotes are rendered accessible at the right point. With a real pdf a blind person cannot access them, unless I am missing something, while a sighted reader can see them at the bottom of the page. If a blind person keeps reading and comes to them, and there are a handful of them at the end of a page, then they become irrelevant, as they can not be accessed on their appropriate spot.

Only a reason, albeit very important in my case for this conversion,

Cheers,

Takis

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Παρασκευή, 28 Μαΐου 2021 17:07
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Opening PDFs in Word

Word itself warns you that there can be issues converting from PDF to Word for PDF documents not generated by Word itself.

While I understand the convenience, if 100% accuracy with regard to original content must be preserved, then use a PDF reader only to read PDFs when that's the case.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.

~ André Gide

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.