moderated Re: I’m grasping at straws, but has anyone had memory problems with jaws?

John Covici

Sounds like a browser issue -- they are all memory hogs. Which
browser are you using and how many tabs, etc.?

On Fri, 28 May 2021 09:36:48 -0400,
Thomas N. Chan wrote:

[1 <text/plain; UTF-8 (quoted-printable)>]
I only reboot my main machine, once a week.
I only got 16gb on this machine, its something new to me on Win 10 for me.

how I would isolate the issue is, take out the physical ram and re-sit it.
can you do it on your own?

the way the ram works is, they only get the info that this is how much
capacity it have through another chip.

if that didn't work, is your virtual memory sset to automatic?

32gb is a lot of ram, does not mean all programs will know how to buffet
itself around. check all your startup apps from windows 10 itself. turn off
some of them and see if the problem persist.
if its an software issue, some apps or whichever apps is eating a big chunk
of the ram.

Regards,
Thomas N. Chan

On Fri, 28 May 2021 at 20:04, Chris Hill <hillco@earthlink.net> wrote:

I haven't really noticed anything, but then again, I wasn't checking
either. My memory usage seemed a little high when I checked while ago, but
I hadn't rebooted my computer in several days. My question to you is, how
often do you reboot?

On 5/28/2021 05:49, Phillip Gross wrote:

Okay I have been running the latest version of JAWS 2021 since this
started in February, so I am on my third update. I have a new Dell XPS
that keeps running out of memory. The amount of ram, 32 GB, definitely
isn’t the problem. I’ve chased memory leaks down in all of the normal ways,
and I can’t find anything. I have reinstalled windows twice at this point.

Has anyone seen issues of a memory leak with JAWS? As I said in the
subject line I’m grasping at straws, and I doubt it’s the problem, but I
figured it didn’t hurt to ask.

[2 <text/html; UTF-8 (quoted-printable)>]
How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com