moderated Re: I’m grasping at straws, but has anyone had memory problems with jaws?

Chris Hill

Ugg, that sounds bad.  I'd be surprised if jaws is your problem.  I had about 5gb of unexplained ram usage, but I'm sure the machine had been on since last week.

You mentioned having reinstalled windows, so I guess it is down to some program or driver giving you fits.  I'd also be doing some major malware and virus checks, there are things that can survive a reinstall.

CH

On 5/28/2021 08:06, Phillip Gross wrote:
I am responding to both of you at once. As far as runningNVDA or Narrator goes, I have thought about it but haven’t done it. NVDA is my backup, and I need to go back and look up how to read the parts of of resource monitor that I read with the JAWS cursor so that I can.

As far I have to restart it at least once a day. After startup, when everything settles down, I am using about 15 percent of my RAM. Four or five hours later I will be using 98% of my ram and the computer will freeze up.

I should have mentioned this in my first message. Windows 10 Pro is up to date as are all of my drivers.