From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rahul Bajaj
Sent: Friday, May 28, 2021 8:31 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Opening PDFs in Word

Hi,

I have Office 365, Windows 10, Jaws 2021. I have recently started opening all PDFs in Word, as I find this to be a very convenient and smooth way of reading PDFs. To do this, I go to the context menu for the concerned document, and then to open with and then select Word.

My only question is: Have you ever experienced any content getting lost in this process? Meaning that the Word version doesn't contain the full contents of the PDF? It has happened a couple of times, randomly, to me that the word version did not contain a few words found in the PDF. It has only happened 2-3 times till now. But I just want to be sure that this is not a common issue, because I often worry that I might lose some content if I open the document in Word.

Warmly,
Rahul

Rahul Bajaj
Judicial Law Clerk to Dr. Justice D.Y. Chandrachud, Supreme Court of India Rhodes Scholar (India and Linacre 2018) University of Oxford