moderated Re: I’m grasping at straws, but has anyone had memory problems with jaws?

Thomas N. Chan

I only reboot my main machine, once a week.
I only got 16gb on this machine, its something  new to me on Win 10 for me.

how I would isolate the issue is, take out the physical ram and re-sit it.
can you do it on your own?

the way the ram works is, they only get the info that this is how much capacity it have through another chip.

if that didn't work, is your virtual memory sset to automatic?

32gb is a lot of ram, does not mean all programs will know how to buffet itself around. check all your startup apps from windows 10 itself. turn off some of them and see if the problem persist.
if its an software issue, some apps or whichever apps is eating a big chunk of the ram.

Regards,
Thomas N. Chan

On Fri, 28 May 2021 at 20:04, Chris Hill <hillco@...> wrote:

I haven't really noticed anything, but then again, I wasn't checking either.  My memory usage seemed a little high when I checked while ago, but I hadn't rebooted my computer in several days.  My question to you is, how often do you reboot?

On 5/28/2021 05:49, Phillip Gross wrote:
Okay I have been running the latest version of JAWS 2021 since this started in February, so I am on my third update.  I have a new Dell XPS that keeps running out of memory. The amount of ram, 32 GB, definitely isn’t the problem. I’ve chased memory leaks down in all of the normal ways, and I can’t find anything. I have reinstalled windows twice at this point.

Has anyone seen issues of a memory leak with JAWS? As I said in the subject line I’m grasping at straws, and I doubt it’s the problem, but I figured it didn’t hurt to ask.