From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rahul Bajaj
Sent: Monday, 24 May 2021 9:29 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Reading Order in PDFs

Hi All,

I have not set a default reading order in Acrobat Reader for PDFs.
However, I tend to choose 'infer reading order from document' on most occasions. Sometimes, I choose 'use reading order in raw print stream', for those PDFs which have watermarks or are otherwise shabbily made.

Today, I was reading a book, and it chose 'tagged reading order' as the default reading order. The same PDF which was not being read by JAWS when 'infer reading order' was chosen' was read when 'tagged reading order' was chosen. Why is this so? Just curious.

Rahul

Rahul Bajaj
Judicial Law Clerk to Dr. Justice D.Y. Chandrachud, Supreme Court of India Rhodes Scholar (India and Linacre 2018) University of Oxford