moderated Reading Order in PDFs

Rahul Bajaj

Hi All,

I have not set a default reading order in Acrobat Reader for PDFs.
However, I tend to choose 'infer reading order from document' on most
occasions. Sometimes, I choose 'use reading order in raw print
stream', for those PDFs which have watermarks or are otherwise
shabbily made.

Today, I was reading a book, and it chose 'tagged reading order' as
the default reading order. The same PDF which was not being read by
JAWS when 'infer reading order' was chosen' was read when 'tagged
reading order' was chosen. Why is this so? Just curious.

Rahul

Rahul Bajaj
Judicial Law Clerk to Dr. Justice D.Y. Chandrachud, Supreme Court of India
Rhodes Scholar (India and Linacre 2018)
University of Oxford