moderated Re: IE being removed from Win 10 20H2 and later, effective June 15th 2022

Hope Williamson <webspinner@...>

Back in the Windows 10 1903 era, I disabled wuaserv, because of all the problems with that particular update. I even installed it, and had to roll back.

    I did this as a temporary measure. I emphasize temporary!! Once the problem issues were fixed, about 3-4 months later, I was able to get all the updates, and install 1903. However if you think this is a permanent thing, and you do this for more than a little while, you could end up with your identity stolen. By more than a little while, I mean 3-4 months. If you can't transition away from IE by 6/15/2022, there's no reason to stop Windows from updating, because you'll never be able to do it in the first place.

On 5/21/2021 7:54 AM, Don Mauck wrote:

Well said!! Stay up with the times or get left in the dark!!

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Lori Lynn
Sent: Friday, May 21, 2021 8:53 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: [External] : Re: IE being removed from Win 10 20H2 and later, effective June 15th 2022

I usually keep quiet on these long threads, but I’ve got to toss my 2 cents in.

“cheap throwaway computer”? You may have the money to replace your computer whenever the wind blows, but that’s just totally nuts! If you are crazy enough to turn off all the system updates and not backup your computer then you deserve whatever happens to both you and your machine. Companies like Microsoft have lots of experts who are working hard to make the systems and their components the best they can for all of us.

They have made the decision to eliminate a very old application in I E. They aren’t the first company to make this kind of decision and they won’t be the last. You’ve got two choices. You can either deal with it and use another browser or you can give up computers and go back to the dark ages. Me, I accepted their decision a long time ago and have moved forward. I remember the days of DOS and even before that. I will never go backwards!

Lori Lynn

Sent from Mail for Windows 10