moderated Re: IE being removed from Win 10 20H2 and later, effective June 15th 2022

On Thu, May 20, 2021 at 08:42 PM, James English wrote:
For me, it's a case of whether I want to abandon the websites I've been using in IE for ages
-
You, and anyone else in this situation, also owe it to themselves to try Edge in IE-mode.  See:  What is Internet Explorer mode? | Microsoft Docs

And, yes, it's a PITA to configure for specific sites, and if you have Win10 Home you won't have Group Policy editor.  But it should be a PITA to configure for specific sites, as those sites should have updated long, long ago.  But if you're still needing to access a site that has been abandoned for years as far as any updating goes, and that uses soon-to-be-defunct code that is tightly bound to the IE era, Microsoft is giving a mechanism to do that in Edge itself.  But it's not automatic, it must be configured on a site-by-site basis.

           ~ André Gide