moderated Re: IE being removed from Win 10 20H2 and later, effective June 15th 2022

James English

Is there something you fear happening to this cheap throwaway computer
that is so terrible? I believe it's possible to stop updates in
windows 10 by disabling the update service, is this no longer the
case?

On Fri, May 21, 2021 at 01:02 AM, Randy Barnett wrote:

A little personal responsibility and common sense will do more than
worrying about MS not supporting software.
-
Personal responsibility and common sense in the world of computing includes
*not* using unsupported software except where absolutely necessary.

Working in this field, I know far better than you that "most adults" don't
give this a second thought or, worse, do what happens here and go to the
barricades to defend the stupid. Using unsupported software when supported
alternatives are available, particularly for email clients, web browsers,
and other things in constant intimate contact with cyberspace is very stupid
indeed.  A word to the wise should be sufficient.

*It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are
not.*

~ André Gide