moderated Re: IE being removed from Win 10 20H2 and later, effective June 15th 2022

James English

So the problem I have is exclusively with IE being removed from users
pcs. I am, at present, the owner of 28 computers that can run the
present copy of windows 10. If one of them gets messed up because of
ransomwear or some form of virus Norton hasn't picked up I can chuck
it away, open reserve laptop and continue to be fine. For me, it's a
case of whether I want to abandon the websites I've been using in IE
for ages, kill Microsoft updates, or write my own webbrowser. Right
now I'm thinking that stopping Microsoft updates is the best plan.

On Thu, May 20, 2021 at 08:22 PM, Mario wrote:

so this is for next year, no?
-
Correct.  All Windows 10 users of the common versions (Home and Pro) have
been given a one-year heads-up about what's coming so they can transition
with grace and not need to panic.

*It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are
not.*

~ André Gide