moderated Re: Jaws accessible Windows 10 clipboard alternative?

Chris Hill

On 5/20/2021 19:22, Sherri wrote:

What is the name of the feature for the JAWS accessible clipboard feature and how do I turn it on?  Thanks.

Sherri

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris Hill
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2021 8:16 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws accessible Windows 10 clipboard alternative?

This is a feature i just turned on.  I had no luck getting jaws to read it (current version recently updated).  Then I reloaded jaws, problem solved.  I suspect that jaws loading on startup may be causing the problem, just unload and reload it.

On 5/20/2021 18:58, Cristóbal wrote:

Or… I could ask the list community if there’s perhaps an alternative clipboard utility that’s accessible with Jaws I could use in the meantime without having to jump through all those impractical hoops.

I’ve tried Ditto and ClipAngel so far. I already mentioned Ditto previously. ClipAngel seems like a nifty little tool, but while the menus are accessible, I can’t seem to find any of the copied text entries. So it’s basically a no go.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2021 4:52 PM

Well you could unload your licensed copy, and load the demo when need be and unload that and go back to the licensed copy.

Of course the time limit keeps going so you'd have to reboot after 40 minutes.

But it's better than nothing.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2021 6:47 PM

Not practical in the least.

While I do use NVDA for the odd task her and there, Jaws is my primary screen reader and how I run my business. Outlook, Excel, Word etc. Hence my asking about Jaws to begin with…

Running JFW in demo mode throughout the day would be terribly disruptive as well.

This is why I specifically asked about an alternative application while this hopefully gets fixed.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2021 4:44 PM

Maybe download the Jaws 2020 and if you cannot license it, run it as a demo.

Or you could install NVDA.

Glenn

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2021 6:40 PM

Subject: Jaws accessible Windows 10 clipboard alternative?

Hello list,

So it seems like the May 2021 Jaws update broke the Windows clipboard. Broke in the sense that while the clipboard itself still works, Jaws isn’t speaking the various copied entries when arrowing around which is causing me all sorts of fits.

This actually happened a couple of months ago and at that time, I simply rolled back to the prior version of Jaws. Vispero did put out a new update which fixed the problem and that’s what I attempted to do this time, but even after rolling back to the April 2021 Jaws where the clipboard worked before installing the May 2021 update, now it seems that not even the April Jaws update is working right with the clipboard.

So anyway, I don’t have time for Vispero to investigate the issue and hopefully do something to fix this bug. In the meantime, I need to access this particular feature for my work. Is there an alternative Windows 10 clipboard utility that I can use? I tried downloading Ditto, but as it’s an extension to the Windows 10 clipboard itself, no luck there.

Thanks,

Cristóbal

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.