moderated Re: IE being removed from Win 10 20H2 and later, effective June 15th 2022

G. Gray

Thought I'd weigh in on this one.  I used Windows XP from 2004 until 2018 when my XP machine failed.  Meanwhile Win. 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 passed me by.  Constantly I'd read that XP was dangerous to use on the web and even with e-mail!!

Yet through it all I had absolutely no problems and I used the web every day for lengthy periods of time.  With the MS security updates...you rarely or NEVER know what these are for.   I got no virus's or hacks, etc.

These 7 words I live by..."If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Listening for the Shout!,
1 Thessalonians 4:16-18

George
On 5/19/2021 10:13 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Wed, May 19, 2021 at 11:08 PM, Glenn / Lenny wrote:
7 is safe and still valid.
-
This sentiment is not shared, particularly the first part, by anyone who's an IT professional.

I really don't care what you, or any given individual, choose to do in your own world.  That really is entirely your choice, as you have to live with it and its consequences.

It is never, ever "safe" to use an out-of-support version of Windows.   It's just the opposite of "safe."  You may never have any issue, and very often that's just the proverbial "dumb luck."

           ~ André Gide

Avast logo