moderated Re: IE being removed from Win 10 20H2 and later, effective June 15th 2022

Michael Mote

I have enjoyed reading all of these posts. I work in the Assistive
Technology business, and have been a user for over 25 years. There are
some who won't like what I have to say, but I think it's important.
those of us who rely on a screen reader to interact with a computer
have seen accessibility explode for us in the last quarter century. We
can do things that we could only dream about a few years ago. To say
that Microsoft does not care about the needs of their disabled users,
as one person did, is totally out of line. Just because they don't
address your favorite hot button issue doesn't mean that they don't
care. I am not disagreeing that Microsoft and other tech giants make
mistakes, in fact, they make lots of them. Overall though, I think the
commitment to accessibility has been really good and the good does
indeed outweigh the bad. IE going away has been in the works for a
very long time. I'm surprised it's taken this long. Had Edge worked
better for Microsoft before now, IE would have been gone before now.
It's my opinion, that we should embrace change, and enjoy the benefits
instead of complaining about not being able to use the same old same
old stuff that doesn't get updated with any new features like Internet
Explorer. It's time to move on. Something better is coming, and if you
decide to stay with Windows 7, you might miss out on something much
better and much easier. Give that some thought. Everyone has the
ability to do what they choose, and there is nothing wrong with it.
I'm glad we have choices in the market place. there was a time that we
didn't have that luxury.

On 5/20/21, Adrian Spratt <adrian@adrianspratt.com> wrote:
Barbara,

I’m glad you brought up this example. I use the same method for handling
lengthy email messages with dozens of links. You would think that this key
sequence, alt-h, a, v, would take you to a combo box listing major browsers.
However, the only option is IE.

I’m using Outlook 2016. I don’t know if the same limitation applies to
Outlook 2019 or the ever-updated Outlook 365.