moderated Re: IE being removed from Win 10 20H2 and later, effective June 15th 2022

Hope Williamson <webspinner@...>

There are a thousand other RSS readers out there, and Microsoft is definitely not demonstrating any disregard for accessibility whatsoever, by ending IE!!! If you really want to stick with desktop readers, and the 20th century, you could use something like Luna.

https://nathantech.net/products/software/lunarss.

On 5/20/2021 7:10 AM, Gerald Levy via groups.io wrote:

The big problem I have with Edge is that it does not offer an accessible RSS feed option or reader extension.  At least the RSS feed reader built into IE is completely JAWS accessible and is still the most convenient, and easiest to use feed reader I have found.  By ending support for IE without providing a comparably accessible feed reader in Edge, MS is demonstrating yet again its disregard for the special needs of its disabled customers.

Gerald

On 5/20/2021 9:44 AM, Glenn / Lenny wrote:
Microsoft wants everyone on their latest and greatest, so they can make more
profit with everyone using edge.
So no doubt they will do as much as possible to cripple IE.
I remember when the press reported that someone inside MS released some
windows XP code, leaving it vulnerable to hackers.
I have no doubt that MS leaked that XP code themselves to validate the
ushering in of the next operating system.
Now MS has new ways of making money.
Glenn