moderated Re: IE being removed from Win 10 20H2 and later, effective June 15th 2022

Hope Williamson <webspinner@...>

Miniflux is a server-based reader. In other words, you install it on a server, get a service to set up an instance for you, like I have, or use the hosted version.

    Since it requires a postgresql database, I don't think there's anyway you're getting it on a desktop anytime soon. I could be very wrong about this, and someone could come along and say it's definitely possible and here's how.

On 5/20/2021 7:38 AM, Gerald Levy via groups.io wrote:

Because there are already a number of Chromium-based RSS extensions out there, none of which I have been found to be accessible, I don't think MS has any plans to develop its own RSS feed extension for Edge.  But although IE is apparently being removed from Windows 10, it probably won't be removed fromWindows 7, which after all, MS would like to pretend no longer exists, and so is not worth devoting time and resources to removing IE from the operating system.    If worst comes to worst, I can switch to the RSS feed reader built into Thunderbird, which is at least accessible, if not as convenient as the one built into IE. Someone on another list recommended an accessible  stand-alone RSS feed reader program called  Miniflux.  Has anyone had experience with it?

Gerald

On 5/20/2021 10:11 AM, Richard Turner wrote:

Have you contacted Microsoft Accessibility about this concern?

They have over a year left before they are ending IE.  Perhaps a better RSS reader is in the works?

I don’t know as I don’t use RSS.

Richard

- John Ruskin, 1819-1900

Web site: www.turner42.com