moderated Re: IE being removed from Win 10 20H2 and later, effective June 15th 2022

Glenn / Lenny

The only way they can insist is to make a product that refuses to run on 7, but if someone still has 2019, then they are fit for life with 7 if they wish.
Glenn

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2021 9:55 PM
Subject: Re: IE being removed from Win 10 20H2 and later, effective June 15th 2022

Hi,

I think it did to some extent, as some of the notable changes (including the just released May update for JAWS 2021) benefits users of productivity software that are still supported on Windows 7 to some extent. As I said though, there will indeed come a time when Vispero will insist that users upgrade to Windows 10, the earliest time that statement can be made will be 2023 when support for Windows 8.1 ends and extended security updates (ESU’s) for Windows 7 ends for enterprises.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2021 7:51 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: IE being removed from Win 10 20H2 and later, effective June 15th 2022

Well even Jaws 2019 does all 7 needs it to do, I'm sure none of the Jaws updates over the past couple years have benefited 7 users.

Glenn

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2021 9:48 PM

Hi,

There will come a time when Vispero will say, “sorry Windows 7/8.x users, you must now use Windows 10 in order to use JAWS”. I expect this statement will be made as early as 2023.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2021 7:38 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

On Wed, May 19, 2021 at 10:34 PM, Glenn / Lenny wrote:

MS has left it [Win7] alone.

-
This is no advantage.  The definition of "out of support" means "left alone, zero, nada, zip updates, changes, security patches, anything."

But I'm not going to do the, "You simply don't use unsupported software if you have a lick of common sense," speech again.  A word to the wise should have long ago been sufficient.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.

~ André Gide

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.