moderated Re: IE being removed from Win 10 20H2 and later, effective June 15th 2022

On Wed, May 19, 2021 at 10:18 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
At least two people pointed out on Win10 Forum that they need Internet Explorer,
-
If that is true, and I believe it is, then they had better be raising holy hell with "the powers that be," because it's just not going to be there.

It is sad, very sad, that there are hold-outs that have been making IE compatible only stuff long past the time Microsoft clearly said that it was on borrowed time.  That clock is ticking very loudly now.

Anyone who thinks the statement, "But I neeeeeed it!," is going to make any difference whatsoever has either not paid attention to the history of computing or is very new to computing.  Things do simply go away.  And when you're told they are going away, you make definite plans to work with that fact.

Any entity using something tightly coupled to IE is either going to have to change that in the next year or have catastrophic failure in June 2022.  It really is that simple.

           ~ André Gide