moderated Re: more about another jfw list discussion list

Marty Hutchings

Instead of Key stroke, maybe it should have been key strike.

On 5/18/2021 10:52 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Tue, May 18, 2021 at 12:46 PM, Orlando Enrique Fiol wrote:
[In reference to the meaning of keystroke.] Sorry, but I'm not buying.
-
Sorry, darlin', but you're not buying the definition most commonly used for a word doesn't change the fact that it is its definition.

keystroke on Onelook.com

You're very simply not only being idiosyncratic, you're actually factually incorrect and muddying the waters.  Your opinion does not matter when it comes to commonly accepted definitions (and I hasten to add, nor does mine).  People use words as they're commonly defined to communicate shared meaning.  You don't get to pick your own.

           ~ André Gide