moderated Re: more about another jfw list discussion list

Shan Noyes

Hi:

I also would like to know about the other jfw users list.  I’m happy to hear that the discussion stays on jaws issues more closely.

This group list has been pretty good. Some excellent info.  However, I sure could do without the preaching and belittling that takes place.

There is absolutely no reason to keep pointing out well if you did a google search you would of found out….

Because my approach is there is no dumb questions.  Besides who knows, maybe sure the answer is out on the net, but it was written by a either non jaws user or a sighted person who does use jaws a bit, but also has their screen on.

Note: Eric Danbery from Freedom Scientific is fully sighted, but he uses Jaws with his screen turned off to ensure that he is experiencing exactly what Jaws users who can not see the screen are experiencing.

It becomes very  important when one has to deal with complicated screen layouts.  Can a person who doesn’t see the screen easily get the information they need or not.

So I’ll also go check out the other list.  This list is also pretty good here, but please please everyone remember we are here to support each other.  Not to keep pointing out well if you did a google search….

Because the benefit of asking questions of people who use the speech program i.e. Jaws is that sometimes you will get special gems of short cuts etc from them.

Have a good day everyone.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gerald Levy via groups.io
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2021 3:48 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: more about another jfw list discussion list

-------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING, this email originated from outside of SaskTel.
Do not click links or open attachments unless you trust the sender and believe the contents are safe.
--------------------------------------------------------------

The other JFW list, the JFW-Users list, which was created in 2019 to replace the JAWS-Users list, which was abruptly shut down,  is more closely moderated and discussions that are not relevant to JAWS are not permitted.

Gerald

On 5/17/2021 4:37 PM, Ken Chernack via groups.io wrote:

Hi Gerald.

How does this new/alternative discussion list differ from the one we are using?

Are they similar? Same personalities on it? Do they complement each other?

Thanks for your assistance/knowledge.

Ken

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gerald Levy via groups.io
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2021 3:07 PM
Subject: Re: My gripe about all the griping

The other list is called the JFW-Users list.  To subscribe, send a blank message to:

jfw-users+subscribe@groups.io

Gerald

On 5/17/2021 12:48 PM, Justin Williams wrote:

What is the othe rlist called?

Justin

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gerald Levy via groups.io
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2021 11:46 AM

Also, the other list has stricter rules against personal attacks and member bashing.

Gerald

On 5/17/2021 4:35 PM, Glenn / Lenny wrote:

It's easy to get that list and this one mixed up, the other one is more strict about staying on the topic of Jaws.

Glenn

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, May 17, 2021 10:32 AM

My apologies! You are right.

Alison

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: 17 May 2021 16:10

On Mon, May 17, 2021 at 10:47 AM, CJ &AA MAY wrote:

I beg to argue, James. I sent a message to the list asking for help as the menu options for my Dymo label printer were not being read a couple of weeks ago.

-
No, you did not.  You sent it to the JFW-Users Group.  Topic:  Dymo Label Printer

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.

~ André Gide

NOTICE: This confidential e-mail message is only for the intended recipients. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that disclosing, copying, distributing, or any other use of this message, is strictly prohibited. In such case, please destroy this message and notify the sender.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.