moderated Re: label printers which are accessible with Jaws

Hi Richard,

I find label printing to be much easier when using a full sheet of Avery labels and Microsoft Word with my Brother DCP-7030 laser printer.  If you place the mailing address in a Word docx file and choose label from the ribbon bar, Word will highlight the address and let you pick from a list of label vendors including Avery. You can select whether you’re printing a full sheet or if not, select the row and column of the label on the sheet to print. It works well and provided you’ve identified the location of the label you’re printing on the sheet and loaded the sheet correctly into your printer’s paper tray, the results are good. I’ve done this with both Word 2019 and Word 2010.

Alan Lemly

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2021 10:49 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: label printers which are accessible with Jaws

No, it would take a braille embosser to do braille labels.

So these are labels that are about 4 by 5 inches,?  Do you happen to know the label number?  Avery labels all have unique names/numbers so it would be good to know which labels go with that printer, or even the printer model so one could find it if one chose to.

Richard

- John Ruskin, 1819-1900

Web site: www.turner42.com