moderated Re: My gripe about all the griping

On Sun, May 16, 2021 at 03:53 PM, Randy Barnett wrote:
and your gripe is more valid than everybody else's right? hypocritical?
-
Valid.  Yes, because it's accurately labeled.  No one who has opened any message in this topic should be surprised about the content.

Here's the original complaint, which matches the topic exactly, and is entirely valid: "If you have a complaint about someone on the list, write them off list, or write the owner. Please stop wasting everyone else's time on the list. Or, for goodness sake, make it its own thread so we don't continue opening messages that we think are about a topic, only to find it is a gripe..."

If you don't want to read griping about griping, hitting that Mute this topic link at the bottom of the first message, containing the above, solves your (the generic you) problem.

           ~ André Gide