moderated Re: Microsoft Edge Shortcut Keys

On Sat, May 15, 2021 at 03:11 PM, Alan Lemly wrote:
While I appreciate your comments about list behavior in a perfect world, the last time I checked, the world wasn’t perfect. The plain fact is that searching for something on the internet or in a set of list archives for someone without sight using a screen reader takes considerably longer than for someone with sight.
-
And the fact is, Alan, that you still need to know how to do it and actually do it.  And I am insulted, given the amount of material I post that falls into, "I certainly don't have to do it," and, "it takes a darned long time to put it together step-by-step," that insisting that a few extra minutes should be taken before asking questions on a list gets a response like this.  It takes you a bit longer, yes.  So what?  Waiting for replies on a mailing list takes longer.

You, the generic you, have a life situation you must deal with, and in doing so at least attempting to put the least amount of effort on to others, again and again.

I expect any denizen of cyberspace in 2021 to be able to do a basic web search with ease.  Being able to search on "Microsoft {insert program here} keyboard shortcuts" is easy, as is reviewing the results from same.

This isn't about perfection.  It's about putting forth reasonable effort oneself before imposing on the time of over a thousand others.

           ~ André Gide