moderated Re: JAWS And Bluetooth Devices

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

And just on another note I can't stand using a Bluetooth headset or speaker with my PC because of the lag which every device has. I type and do stuff too quickly for that not to be a problem mand prefer devices without a lag. On my laptop this means that if I want to use a wireless headset I use the Logitech 800 which comes with a USB dongle similar to Logitech keyboards and that is exactly the reason as well why I would never use a Bluetooth keyboard on my PC, just too much lag.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris Hill
Sent: Saturday, May 15, 2021 6:45 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: JAWS And Bluetooth Devices

I use jaws with bluetooth on a fairly regular basis, and I'm not having those problems.  Many times I have to hit the play button on my bluetooth headphones after I've turned them on to get all the sound to switch, but once done, it stays right there.  You might want to make sure your sound driver is up to date.

CH

On 5/15/2021 02:51, Steven Hicks wrote:

Hi all,

Does anyone find Microsoft Windows 10 and JAWS with Bluetooth devices quite inconsistent?

Sometimes JAWS seems to just stop when using a Bluetooth speaker and seems to swap to a different sound device.

Don’t think it is JAWS but possibly Windows.

If you go in to JAWS, utilities and sound cards, you can change the device but sometimes the name of the sound device doesn’t seem to relate to the one I would expect e.g. the Realtek Sound device being the laptop internal speakers will send JAWS output to the Bluetooth speaker.

You click on the Bluetooth speaker name and JAWS goes to the internal laptop speakers.