moderated Re: Reply to Sender Only

If you turn on keyboard help in Jaws and press Jaws Key + Shift + R you get the following explanation:

Shift+JAWSKey+R
Replies directly to sender.

But as Tom said, I have never had any luck of this working in any of the mailing lists I am subscribed to.

Best regards,

Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom Behler
Sent: Friday, May 14, 2021 5:41 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Reply to Sender Only

Shift insert R often also works for me, although I couldn’t get to work in response to Kylee’s original message.

Tom Behler

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Friday, May 14, 2021 8:04 PM

Control+r just replies to the group unless the group happens to be set to reply to sender, which very few groups I’ve ever belonged to were set that way.

As Brian says in another message, if it is a group with groups.io, at the bottom of every message is a link to reply to sender, rather than the group.

Otherwise it is a lot of fiddling with the from or reply fields to figure out the person’s direct email.

Richard

"The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it."

- John Ruskin, 1819-1900

Web site: www.turner42.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Albert Cutolo
Sent: Friday, May 14, 2021 4:56 PM

ControlR, should do it

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of kylee@...
Sent: Friday, May 14, 2021 7:36 PM
Subject: Reply to Sender Only

Hi all

Would someone please refresh my memory of the JAWS keystroke to reply to a list sender only instead of the list. One of the lists to which I belong is somewhat strict about replying off-list when acknowledging emails (to which I happen to agree) but I can't find the relevant keystroke.

TIA

Kylee

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.