moderated Re: Multiple versions for Jaws

And there is one more thing I would like to add. While it is OK to have multiple versions of Jaws on the system, I don't see any reason to keep versions beyond maybe the one previous to the current one and especially not versions like Jaws 18 which don't even fully support the current version of Windows 10 any more. Personally as soon as I am happy with the current build after it comes out I remove the previous version of course leaving shared components, if I ever had any reason to use it then it's a matter of a few minutes to download it (you could even keep the latest installer in your downloads folder) and to reinstall it.

Best regards,

Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Saturday, May 15, 2021 9:21 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Multiple versions for Jaws

Hi Kevin,

1st here's a link to the Narrator keystrokes / commands:

Personally I've never heard of the error message you received.  Have you tried rebooting  your computer again?  The only thing I can think of that might have happened when removing J18 is that it unauthorized all installed Jaws versions.  When you uninstalled J18 did you happen to uninstall, Shared Components?  If you uninstalled the shared components then I could understand this happening, but since I've never experienced this problem I don't know what sort of message would be received.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.