moderated Re: Multiple versions for Jaws

I would strongly encourage you to follow Dan's advice, load Narrator and uninstall all versions of Jaws and once done go into Apps and Features one last time and check if there is anything left that says "Freedom Scientific". If so remove it as well, then download the latest Jaws 2021 installer and reinstall Jaws. If you are having difficulties and don't have sighted help you could always try Microsoft Accessibility or Aira, I believe Aira has a deal with Jaws to provide help beyond the free 5 minutes, but you would have to confirm with their agent. Both Microsoft Accessibility and Aira have the ability to connect to your computer and help, of course you probably still have to use Narrator to establish the connection.Dan is correct,

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dan Longmore
Sent: Saturday, May 15, 2021 9:15 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Multiple versions for Jaws

Hi,

  Did you leave “Shared components” when un installing older versions?

IF you took out “shared components” this most likely is issue.

If this were me I would remove all versions and do a clean install of 2021.

Narrator should be able to work you through the process.

On a side note JAWS and Word , latest versions, causes JAWS to crash more often than before.

Dan