moderated Re: gmail settings question

On Fri, May 14, 2021 at 01:42 PM, Madison Martin wrote:

haven’t looked at or gotten anything about flights.

-
You may not have looked at it, but you almost certainly got the message that started the topic, Question about converting table view into a text view.

Gmail scans all incoming messages, whether you've opened them or not, when these features are enabled and behaves accordingly.  I must admit that the probability of receiving something that triggered that sort of automatic event creation "by accident" is virtually zero.  This was an exception condition triggered by someone doing what I frequently beg people to do:  providing an actual example of what they're talking about.  This message would have been indistinguishable from the one sent to the original questioner as far as Gmail's scanning algorithm is concerned.

           ~ André Gide