Thank you, Mike -- I did have a glance at those settings before, and everything appeared to be in order. Not quite sure what to try next but I think reinstalling Chrome might be a good idea.

--
Too brief? Here's why! http://emailcharter.org

On Thu, 13 May 2021 at 13:36, Mike B <mb69mach1@...> wrote:
Sorry, but remember to apply and okay any changes you make in the Settings Center in order for the changes to stick.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

----- Original Message -----
From: Mike B
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2021 5:34 AM
Subject: Re: Chrome automatically entering forms mode when displaying Google search results

For the forms mode problem, try the following:
1. While in Chrome press, Insert + 6, on the number row to open the Settings Center.

2. Down arrow to, Forms mode closed, and right arrow to open.

3. Down arrow to, Select forms mode..., and tap the spacebar to toggle through the 3 options, stopping on, Manual.
Note:  the 3 options are Auto, semi auto and manual.

There are other settings changes you can make in this dialogue depending on what forms mode you choose, so now that you're in the correct place you'll have to make your decisions.

As for the address bar issue I don't know if the forms mode setting was messing with this, but try the keystroke, Alt + D, to take you to the address bar.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.