moderated Re: Multi select list box not allowing multiple selections

James Benstead

Nermin, thank you so much! The keystroke that worked for me was SHIFT + F8. It's defined here as being a Windows 3.1 keystroke (!!!) that "[a]llows multiple selection of non-contiguous items from any list". It actually seems more user friendly than the standard CTRL + arrow method, but unfortunately it only seems to work in IE.

--
Too brief? Here's why! http://emailcharter.org

On Fri, 14 May 2021 at 04:20, Nermin via groups.io <voy44=yahoo.de@groups.io> wrote:
Hi,

I do not remember exactly which one of the following hotkeys it is, but
there is a way of starting the selection process for items in lists
using Internet Explorer.

I am not going to go into detail about why IE should be dumped.

So,     While on the list, either use F8, F9, or the respective keys in
combination with SHIFT to start the selection process.

Tick the items you want and see if it does anything.

It's been so long ago that I've encountered such lists.

Good luck,

Nermin