moderated Re: eMail Server

Hope Williamson <webspinner@...>

Hi Glenn, first you register a domain with a registrar. Which one is up to you. Secondly, and I always keep the 2 separate, never the twain shall meet!! You sign up for a host. Most of them offer email hosting. You could also use an email forwarding service like this, and this is only an example, there are plenty of them out there. http://www.emailescort.com/

    Most regular web hosts also offer this service, I believe, but it's been a while since I worked with email and domains. Of course, there will be some domain pointing you'll have to do if you decide to go the regular web host route, it's just changing nameservers though, and that takes like a few seconds.

On 5/13/2021 5:07 PM, Glenn / Lenny wrote:
Hi,
My ISP will soon be discontinuing eMail service, and although I think that is a mistake on their part, because my eMail account has been the only thing tying me to them, I'm never the less going to have to get a new eMail provider, probably Outlook.com.
But before I definitely go that route, I want to know how someone gets an eMail address like first@..., or another extension.
Hoping I can do this fairly easily.
Glenn