From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of James Benstead
Sent: Friday, 14 May 2021 5:44 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Multi select list box not allowing multiple selections

Oh, I completely agree with you that IE should go. And public facing websites are, quite rightly, killing IE. I'm thinking more of applications that are used in house and which rely on IE, or some IT department that is slow to upgrade because of "security concerns". Legacy software is a funny thing; I often end up writing JAWS scripts to get AS/400 type databases to work in a Win10 environment, and AS/400 is decades old now.

--

Too brief? Here's why! http://emailcharter.org

On Thu, 13 May 2021 at 15:48, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 07:58 AM, James Benstead wrote:

I think a number of institutions will be retaining it for quite some time.

-
I don't.  We're at the end of the "quite some time" to which you refer.  A very great many institutions have already made it impossible to use their sites with IE - they bar entry.  I'm counting the days until a feature update arrives when IE is actually finally, permanently purged from the Windows ecosystem.

Why You Should Dump Internet Explorer | Daniel Miessler       (Dec 2019)

The perils of using Internet Explorer as your default browser ...           (March 2019 – straight from the proverbial horse’s mouth)

Microsoft cybersecurity expert: Please, stop using Internet ...  (Feb 2019)

Microsoft security chief: IE is not a browser, so stop using ...     (Feb 2019)

Microsoft wants you to stop using Internet Explorer                    (Feb 2019)

12 reasons not to use Internet Explorer, ever | Computerworld  (June 2011 – Even more valid now)

And if you web search on “Why you should not use Internet Explorer” the list of returned results is long, and virtually unanimous in the expert (and non-expert) opinion that you should not.

           ~ André Gide