From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2021 2:53 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: BIOS

On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 05:08 PM, Marianne Denning wrote:

Sadly, every time there is a Windows update my Acer computer reverts back to the function keys the way they were originally and I have to go into the bios to fix it.

-
You need to contact Acer about this, as the only way this could happen is if they've given a BIOS update to Microsoft, to be applied via UEFI as part of a Windows Update, that is somehow not registering as being already done.

You could also try, at least temporarily, Preventing Windows Update from Updating Device Drivers

It's also very likely that Acer has a "service station" type driver and firmware update monitoring program, and if it does I'd install it and let it take care of BIOS updates.  I just tried finding it at the Acer support site but the site itself seems to be having issues at the moment.

           ~ André Gide