moderated Re: BIOS

Soronel Haetir

Even better if you can enlist the aid of a local seeing-eye human.
Thankfully needing to go into the BIOS settings has become a much
rarer thing than in the past.

On 5/13/21, Edward Green <ergreen1981@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Marianne,

I use my smartphone to call Microsoft Disability Answer Desk by Be My Eyes,

and point my phone at the computer screen while they help me manipulate it.

Strictly speaking the bios is the domain of the computer manufacturer
rather than Microsoft, but I haven’t had an Answer Desk agent refuse to
help.

It goes without saying that I have to point my phone at the screen because
they can’t remote on and access the bios.

Cheers,

Ed

On 13 May 2021 21:31:07 "Marianne Denning" <marianne@denningweb.com> wrote:

Sadly, I can't use JAWS when I need to go into the BIOS. Can someone
explain
how they interact with it without a screen reader?

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com