moderated Re: Multi select list box not allowing multiple selections

On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 07:58 AM, James Benstead wrote:
I think a number of institutions will be retaining it for quite some time.
-
I don't.  We're at the end of the "quite some time" to which you refer.  A very great many institutions have already made it impossible to use their sites with IE - they bar entry.  I'm counting the days until a feature update arrives when IE is actually finally, permanently purged from the Windows ecosystem.

Why You Should Dump Internet Explorer | Daniel Miessler       (Dec 2019)

The perils of using Internet Explorer as your default browser ...           (March 2019 – straight from the proverbial horse’s mouth)

Microsoft cybersecurity expert: Please, stop using Internet ...  (Feb 2019)

Microsoft security chief: IE is not a browser, so stop using ...     (Feb 2019)

Microsoft wants you to stop using Internet Explorer                    (Feb 2019)

12 reasons not to use Internet Explorer, ever | Computerworld  (June 2011 – Even more valid now)

And if you web search on “Why you should not use Internet Explorer” the list of returned results is long, and virtually unanimous in the expert (and non-expert) opinion that you should not.

           ~ André Gide