moderated Re: Multi select list box not allowing multiple selections

James Benstead

Thank you! I tested it on another Win10 machine running IE11 and it didn't work, but it worked fine on that machine in Chrome. It's an issue with IE11 specifically, not JAWS, as I tried the same functionality without JAWS running and that didn't work either.

More generally, while IE is ending its natural life I think a number of institutions will be retaining it for quite some time. We had a similar thing with IE6, which I was finding on all sorts of Windows machines (in the UK military and health service, for example) years after Microsoft had abandoned it.

--
Too brief? Here's why! http://emailcharter.org

On Thu, 13 May 2021 at 10:54, John Covici <covici@...> wrote:
I don't think you can do what you want using internet explorer, or
other browsers for that matter.  Maybe try edge or Chrome and see if
it works in one of those.  IE is about dead, I think it goes away in a
couple of months.

On Thu, 13 May 2021 04:06:04 -0400,
James Benstead wrote:

> [1  <text/plain; UTF-8 (quoted-printable)>]
> I can't see where I've talked about files in a folder -- I've checked the
> posts I made and as far as I can tell I've been referring to "items in a
> list" throughout. Either way, that's what I'm having problems with: items
> in a multi-select list box, in Internet Explorer.
>
> --
> Too brief? Here's why! http://emailcharter.org
>

> On Wed, 12 May 2021 at 21:28, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...> wrote:
>
> > I am a bit confused now, you mentioned Internet Explorer and not Edge so
> > are you trying to select something on a website or are you talking about
> > files in a folder? If so then this has nothing to do with either IE or Edge.
> >
> > If you are talking about files then all I can say is to make sure you are
> > using either the Detailed View or List View, in Windows 10 you can press
> > Control + Shift + 6 on the number row when you are in a folder to select
> > the Details view and Control + Shift + 5 on the number row to select just a
> > file list without file size, date etc.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici wb2una