moderated Re: Jaws2020 Laptop speaker volume

Bill White

Hi again, Addison. Since you are using JAWS 2020, the command which I gave previously, won't work for your version of JAWS. Instead, you will either need to use the function keys that raise and lower your system speaker volume together with the FN key next to your CONTROL key, or you will need to open Control Panel, Sound, press SPACE on your default output device, use CONTROL plus TAB to go to the levels tab, and adjust the speaker level from there. This is assuming that you don't have the "Speaker" icon in your System Tray. If you have the Speaker icon in your System Tray, this is the second easiest way to change the speaker or system volume. As I said above, the easiest way is to use the function keys with the FN key to raise the system volume.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of O.Addison Gethers
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2021 12:23 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Jaws2020 Laptop speaker volume

Hi All

I have laptop  windows10  ,How to turns up  or down  volume  on laptop  speaker ? Right now,I have it on 60 % and wanted to raise it up to 90 % for my mom to hear the laptop  !!

Addison

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.