moderated Re: Interesting Phenomena

Richard Turner

Check in Word, your settings under Options for Show the Start screen when this application starts check box.  You want that not checked.

Press alt+f then t for options and it is on the general tab so just start tabbing to get t to  it.

I don’t know if that is the problem child but it may be.

Another one to check is on the Save category in the options:

ALT+s
Don’t show the Backstage when opening or saving files with keyboard shortcuts check box‑ checked‑ ‑

You want that checked if it isn’t.

I am using Microsoft 365 so this is all just an educated guess.

HTH,

Richard

- John Ruskin, 1819-1900

Web site: www.turner42.com