moderated Re: Interesting Phenomena

Richard Turner

Check in Word, your settings under Options for Show the Start screen when this application starts check box.  You want that not checked.

Press alt+f then t for options and it is on the general tab so just start tabbing to get t to  it.

I don’t know if that is the problem child but it may be.

Another one to check is on the Save category in the options:

ALT+s
Don’t show the Backstage when opening or saving files with keyboard shortcuts check box‑ checked‑ ‑

You want that checked if it isn’t.

I am using Microsoft 365 so this is all just an educated guess.

HTH,

Richard

"The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it."

- John Ruskin, 1819-1900

Web site: www.turner42.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Raymond Bishup
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2021 6:44 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Interesting Phenomena

I am glad I am not the only one.  I thought I was going crazy. Thanks!

Raymond Bishop, NV9B

Philippians 4:6-7

**** Be kind to your email friends. If you forward this, please remove all previous addresses before you send it on and use the BCC area when forwarding to several friends. ****

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: 11 May 2021 20:40
To: main@jfw.groups.io

On another list there are others reporting the same issue you're having, but no fix for it.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2021 6:36 PM

You are correct.  So, hopefully, some one can figure out what setting(s0 I might have inadvertently changed. 

Raymond Bishop, NV9B

**** Be kind to your email friends. If you forward this, please remove all previous addresses before you send it on and use the BCC area when forwarding to several friends. ****

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shirley Tracy
Sent: 11 May 2021 19:50
To: main@jfw.groups.io; jfw@groups.io

Hi Raymond,

It sounds like you are using the same as I have—Windows 10 latest version and MS Office 2019. I am not experiencing the things you described. Perhaps there is a setting that can change things. I don’t know enough to know what it might be. Maybe someone else here can help.

Cheerfully,

Shirley Tracy

Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2021 8:35 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Interesting Phenomena

I am using JAWS 2021, latest version.  I am using Microsoft Office 2019.  Just today, when I open a new email or blank document in Word or Outlook, I cannot use my arrow keys to see info in the document.  If I open a new email, I use to be able to press arrow keys and it would indicate “blank” for each blank line until it got down to the signature portion of the email.  Now, it does not read anything.  Furthermore, when I press f7 to spell check, it does not always read the choices.  It is like the screen echo or something has changed.  What has happened?  What can I do to fix this?  If I am not making myself clear, please email me back and I will attempt to clarify.  Thanks!

Raymond Bishop, NV9B

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.