moderated Re: Looking for Info to Help a Friend Upgrade JFW

Mario

but the one caveat someone mentioned is if the subscription is not renewed when it expires, any versions of JAWS that might be already installed (ie. 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)will revert to the 40 minute demo mode. true or false?

-------- Original Message --------
From: Sieghard Weitzel [mailto:sieghard@live.ca]
Subject: Looking for Info to Help a Friend Upgrade JFW
Date: Monday, May 10, 2021, 10:15 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io>
Why doesn't your friend just call Vispero, then he or she can explain their situation, what version they have now and ask for the cost to upgrade using the traditional method and the subscription method. But as others already said, if they are using 2018 this means they are 3 versions behind and we are half way to 2022 so the subscription approach probably does make the most sense and it will always ensure they have access to the latest version. Yes, you can continue to use Jaws without an SMA if you are not using the subscription version as your friend obviously has been doing, but I never believed in not always maintaining my SMA's so essentially I was paying every 2 years instead of annually and at $90 a year ($7.50 a month) this really is not a financial burdon. The nice thing with the subscription for somebody who is several versions behind is that all they do is pay their $90 and they are instantly able to download the latest version without first having to pay several hundred Dollars to bring their SMA up to date.

Best regards,
Sieghard