moderated Stopping JAWS from reading flashing clock

Craig Cooper

Greetings,
I am using JAWS 2019 with Windows 7. I do some work for a local radio
station, using their Simian broadcast software. JAWS continuously
reads the updated time on the flashing clock, updating every second,
which prevents me from being able to read the log. I have tried
cycling through the read modes with insert S. However, even in
highlighted only mode, it continues to read the updating time, even
though the current song is the only highlighted text.
Any ideas for getting JAWS to stop announcing the updating time?
Thank you very much.
Regards,
Craig Cooper