moderated Re: Questions about QRead

JM Casey

The thing I keep it around for is speed mostly -- it opens entire documents very quickly 9as opposed to just doing pages at a time) and thus your documens are searchable. I mostly prefer using a braille display and I find qRead doesn't really track properly after a certain point in a document. Still keep it around though.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rahul Bajaj
Sent: May 9, 2021 02:12 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Questions about QRead

Hi,

I am currently exploring QRead, I have Jaws 2021 on a Windows 10 machine. Here are a couple of questions:

First, what advantages, in your view, does QRead have over Acrobat Reader DC, for reading PDFs? Does it avoid the problem of words running together and JAWS losing focus?

Second, how can one find out the page number of one's current location and get to a specific page number in QRead?

Third, is there a way to access bookmarks made in a PDF, via QRead?

I had rejected it earlier, since it did not allow para-wise navigation with JAWS. However, that seems doable with the demo I downloaded today.

Warmly,
Rahul

Rahul Bajaj
Judicial Law Clerk to Dr. Justice D.Y. Chandrachud, Supreme Court of India Rhodes Scholar (India and Linacre 2018) University of Oxford