From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Friday, May 7, 2021 4:03 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: JAWS Equivalent of NVDA Focus Highlight

Hello All,

I was working with a JAWS user remotely this evening and, as is typical, JAWS was not set up by default to highlight on screen the equivalent of where JAWS has focus in the Virtual Cursor.  I went in to Visual settings, but still couldn't make what happens with NVDA's Focus Highlight, or similar, happen in JAWS 2021.

It could be that JAWS must be restarted, but it did not give me any indication of that when I tweaked several settings.  For those of us who have sight, this sort of feature is a godsend when assisting, and particularly if we're doing so remotely and cannot actually hear JAWS at all well during the process.  There's no issue when I'm doing the pointing and clicking, but if I want the person I'm assisting to try something out, it really helps me to be able to see exactly where they are and what has focus.

Any guidance is appreciated.  (And let me tell you hiding these settings under "Utilities" in the JAWS menu structure made no sense to me!)

           ~ André Gide