moderated Re: JAWS 2021 (latest build) and Facebook Messenger app on Windows 10

Jed Barton

Hey guys,
I have a fix to your problem. Google miranda-ng
It's an awesome program, and you can use it to do facebook messaging just fine.
I've been using it for years, and it works great, use it every day.
If you need help, let me know. Here are a few things. When you
install it, read through the options carefully. There's an option in
there to install the contact list for blind folks, yes they actually
thought of us. Make absolutely sure that you do that, or your
experience will not be good.
Just go through the install slowly, and you should be fine.

Cheers,

Jed

On 5/6/21, Lino Morales <linomorales001@gmail.com> wrote:
Yeah Orland I've noticed this as well. Also I notice this behavior using
the basic mobile site with JAWS. I'm having to constantly to check my
spelling before I send. Typical FS responce BTW.

On 5/6/2021 12:37 AM, Orlando Enrique Fiol via groups.io wrote:
Hi all. Using the latest builds of Windows 10 and JAWS 2021, I'm
encountering an extremely frustrating problem with Facebook's
dedicated Messenger app, available from the Microsoft store. When in
the edit field typing messages, every single solitary word gets
misspelled, even though I've typed every word correctly. That is, with
keyboard set to read both characters and words, when I press space
after a word, J READS IT ACCURATELY> However, when I arrow through the
message text, every word is misspelled with one or more missing
characters.
Vispero tech support claims it doesn't support this app, so, we're on
our own. As all may have guessed, this typing/spelling problem does
not occur with NOR OR NVDA. For now, I'm forced to keep a Notepad
window open, type all my messages in it, then paste them into the
Messenger app. But that's cumbersome, when this simple process of
typing in an ordinary edit field should work as it does in every other
application.
Can anyone else test this and confirm or refute my findings?

Orlando Enrique Fiol
Charlotte, North Carolina
Ph.D. in Music theory
University of Pennsylvania: November, 2018
Home: (980) 585-1516
Mobile: (267) 971-7090