moderated Re: JAWS 2021 (latest build) and Facebook Messenger app on Windows 10

James English

Hello,

I find the messenger website on firefox to be the most accessible
method of using it. The app is a joke, don't bother with it when you
don't have to.

- James

On 5/6/21, Orlando Enrique Fiol via groups.io
<ofiol=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
Hi all. Using the latest builds of Windows 10 and JAWS 2021, I'm
encountering an extremely frustrating problem with Facebook's
dedicated Messenger app, available from the Microsoft store. When in
the edit field typing messages, every single solitary word gets
misspelled, even though I've typed every word correctly. That is,
with keyboard set to read both characters and words, when I press
space after a word, J READS IT ACCURATELY> However, when I arrow
through the message text, every word is misspelled with one or more
missing characters.
Vispero tech support claims it doesn't support this app, so, we're on
our own. As all may have guessed, this typing/spelling problem does
not occur with NOR OR NVDA. For now, I'm forced to keep a Notepad
window open, type all my messages in it, then paste them into the
Messenger app. But that's cumbersome, when this simple process of
typing in an ordinary edit field should work as it does in every
other application.
Can anyone else test this and confirm or refute my findings?

Orlando Enrique Fiol
Charlotte, North Carolina
Ph.D. in Music theory
University of Pennsylvania: November, 2018
Home: (980) 585-1516
Mobile: (267) 971-7090