moderated JAWS 2021 (latest build) and Facebook Messenger app on Windows 10

Orlando Enrique Fiol

Hi all. Using the latest builds of Windows 10 and JAWS 2021, I'm encountering an extremely frustrating problem with Facebook's dedicated Messenger app, available from the Microsoft store. When in the edit field typing messages, every single solitary word gets misspelled, even though I've typed every word correctly. That is, with keyboard set to read both characters and words, when I press space after a word, J READS IT ACCURATELY> However, when I arrow through the message text, every word is misspelled with one or more missing characters.
Vispero tech support claims it doesn't support this app, so, we're on our own. As all may have guessed, this typing/spelling problem does not occur with NOR OR NVDA. For now, I'm forced to keep a Notepad window open, type all my messages in it, then paste them into the Messenger app. But that's cumbersome, when this simple process of typing in an ordinary edit field should work as it does in every other application.
Can anyone else test this and confirm or refute my findings?

Orlando Enrique Fiol
Charlotte, North Carolina
Ph.D. in Music theory
University of Pennsylvania: November, 2018
Home: (980) 585-1516
Mobile: (267) 971-7090