Re: [Bulk] [Bulk] Experience with accessible webinterfaces onNAS's

inthane <inthaneelf@...>

in case it hasn't been answered yet, or maybe I can add to it:
a NAS is a device that holds standard computer hard drives (generally from two to several) and usually has a power supply, a disk input output circuit and connected to that, a network interface card.

they make good small network backup drives, and also serve for multi computer accessible items without a particular computer needing to be on.

to stress the difference, I have a couple external hard drives connected to my computer, but unless my computer is turned on, no one can access them.

where as a NAS is a member of a network, and generally is "always on" so any computer can access the condense stored on it, at any time.

they are also great for games, music, and video storage since they can be and many are multi drive units so quite large, and both you and someone else can access a file and play it from any computer on the network.

hope this gives you enough good info,
elf
. Moderator, Blind Access Help.
. Owner: Alacorn Computer Enterprises