From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tom
Behler
Sent: Monday, May 3, 2021 4:03 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Very Strange Computer Sleep/Wake Issue

Hello, everyone.

In my 30+ years of working with computers, I have never seen an issue quite
this strange, and am hoping for an explanation or a fix from some of our
list members.

I have my Dell Windows 10 laptop set to go to sleep after I close the lid.

This worked relatively well until recently.

Now, my computer still goes to sleep at the set time after closing the lid,
but wakes up again about 2 minutes later, and then stays on continually
from
there.

I have checked my sleep settings, and nothing seems to have been changed,
so
far as I can tell. In other words, my sleep settings are what they always
have been.

Has anyone on list experienced this issue; and, if so, what did you do to
address it?

Thank you!

Dr. Tom Behler from Michigan

--