moderated Very Strange Computer Sleep/Wake Issue

Tom Behler

Hello, everyone.

In my 30+ years of working with computers, I have never seen an issue quite this strange, and am hoping for an explanation or a fix from some of our list members.

I have my Dell Windows 10 laptop set to go to sleep after I close the lid.

This worked relatively well until recently.

Now, my computer still goes to sleep at the set time after closing the lid, but wakes up again about 2 minutes later, and then stays on continually from there.

I have checked my sleep settings, and nothing seems to have been changed, so far as I can tell.  In other words, my sleep settings are what they always have been.

Has anyone on list experienced this issue;  and, if so, what did you do to address it?

Thank you!

Dr.  Tom Behler from Michigan