moderated Re: notepad++

On Mon, May 3, 2021 at 01:39 PM, Richard Turner wrote:
And, frankly, I was a little irritated by their uninstall message.
I won't repeat it here. And, I'm by no means a prude, but it is highly inappropriate .
-
Then you did not have Notepad++ from the source, https://notepad-plus-plus.org/.  There is absolutely nothing inappropriate nor unusual about their uninstall dialogs.  I get asked if I want to keep my custom settings, and that's it.  It just finishes the uninstall without any fanfare.  (Just uninstalled v7.9.1)

This is a professional grade open-source tool that's been around for ages.  They're not pulling any stunts that would tarnish their reputation at uninstall.

           ~ André Gide